Tax season – T4 or a T4A?

With tax season upon us, this is a reminder that union locals may also need to issue either a T4 or T4A.

What is the difference between a T4 or a T4A?

A T4 is issued to any member who was reimbursed loss of salary by the local.

A T4A is issued to any member if the local paid them fees for service or an honorarium of $500 or more during the last calendar year.

How do we issue a T4 or a T4A?

If you are not sure how to do this, take a quick look at our short video on how union locals are filing your T4s and T4As.

For more information please telephone the Canada Revenue Agency at 1 (800) 959-8281.

2021-03-01T10:19:44-05:00March 1st, 2021|Categories: Others|Tags: |