You need to fill the form online to change your address:
UCTE is governed by its By-laws which are reviewed and updated every three years at its Triennial Convention. The Regulations expand on the By-Laws, through application, interpretation or definition.
Here is the PDF for D. Bennett/W. Weaver Memorial Scholarship Application Package.
Click here to download Gary Farrell Memorial Scholarship Application Package.
Scholarships from UCTE
It took a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point. And you did it! Soon, you’ll embark on a new chapter in your life. Whether you’re headed to university, college or another institute of higher learning, you’re one step closer to making your dreams a reality.
2020 Scholarship – Deadline: August 18, 2021
How to file T4s and T4As on behalf of your members:
Understanding your monthly membership report:
Defending the bargaining certificate :
Members will find general information about how best to prepare grievances. We strongly recommend that members use and consult this section regularly for up to date grievance handling information.
Steward Fact Sheet
Grievance Writing Tips
- Avoid detailed explanation
- Mention the collective agreement article and add “and any relevant article”
- Provide a clear and concise statement of the problem
- Begin corrective action with “Redress in full, including but not limited to…” or “To be made whole”
- When drafting the corrective action, consider when the final decision may be rendered
- For example, on a termination grievance, one would ask for reinstatement from the date of termination with no loss of pay and benefits…
Sample Grievance Wording
- “I grieve the 15-day suspension received on May 15, 2013.”‘
- “That the suspension be rescinded; that I suffer no loss of pay and benefits for this period; that any and all documentation related to this suspension be removed from my personnel file and any other employer file and be destroyed in my presence and/or that of my Union representative; to be made whole.”
- “The employer is refusing to reimburse my mileage premium to and from my place of residence and workplace contrary to article XX or any other relevant article of my collective agreement. This violation occured on May 15, 2013.”
- “That my employer reimburse my mileage premium incurred on May 15, 2013; that I suffer no prejudice from the filing of this grievance; to be made whole.”
Information to Collect
WHO is involved?
- The member’s full name, workplace, branch, division, section, unit, title and job classification
- Name and title of immediate supervisor and anyone else involved
- Withholding of leave?
- Denial of overtime?
- Complete and current work description not provided?
- A Classification issue?
- Disciplinary action?
WHEN did it occur?
- Include times and dates
WHERE did it occur?
- Give the exact location or locations if events occurred in different place.
- Give the distance between locations, if it has a bearing on the issue
WHY should a grievance be filed?
- Has there been a violation of the collective agreement?
- Was a disciplinary penalty imposed?
- Has there been a violation of an act?
- How can the injustice be corrected?
- How to place the aggrieved member in the same position in which this person would have been had the violation not occurred?
- Ask for redress in full, to be made whole
- Go back to your file and double-check:
- Has the problem been correctly identified?
- Has the case been assessed and arguments developed for the grievance presentation?
- Have all the documents to support the case been obtained?
- Are all the statements signed and witnessed?
- Is the Steward Fact Sheet completed?
- Are all notes legible, signed and dated?
- Are all copies of the grievance and transmittal forms legible?
- When does the file need to be forwarded to the Union representative at the next level?
Private Sector Forms
Public Sector Forms
The following is a summary of relevant information that may help clarify your resources if you are experiencing harassment.
If you believe you are being harassed, we recommend that you consult your union representatives for more details or assistance.
Download this flyer to have more info (you can print this file)
If you need to claim expense:
Here is the bargaining demands forms
Canadian Coast Guard
Opening Comments to the Senate Committee on Fisheries and Oceans (intro for “A case for change”)
UCTE Position on Arming CCG February 2010
The role of lightstation services
Backgrounder for a Presentation to the Senate Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans May 4 2010
Presentation by Steve Bergh May 4 2010
UCTE Review of the Privatization of Canadian Airports June 2016
SUSTAINING AIRPORTS FOR THE FUTURE
Transport Canada Marine Safety: Domestic Vessel Regulatory Oversight Nov 17 2010
Presentation to SCOTIC on Bill C-33, Railway Safety Acts Amendments Feb 17 2011
A Concerned Inspectorate: Recommendations for Reforms to Canada’s Transportation Safety Regime
Transportation Safety Management Systems – Still not right
Analysis of the CTA Review: Implications for UCTE June 6 2016
Welcome to the Union of Canadian Transportation Employees (UCTE)! Whether you are a first time union member or are transferring from another union, we are here to help you in your workplace.
UCTE represents thousands of people who help drive economies while protecting every day Canadians. Our members work at places like
Transport Canada, Natural Resources Canada, ports and pilotage authorities, Canada Space Agency, Canadian Coast Guard and most
federally-regulated airports. They are safety inspectors for all modes of transportation and pilotage dispatchers. They are administrative
personnel, airport firefighters and search and rescue specialists. As you can see, there is a huge diversity amongst our members. However,
they all have one thing in common – keeping Canadians safe.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
To download National Executive and Human Rights officer reports:
PSAC created an electronic application for membership form is currently available for members of Employers/Bargaining units identified in the Employer dropdown.
Here is a video with information on how UCTE distributes a monthly membership report to local executive members to arm them with the information they need to make their Locals strong.